The Aquatics Program at Northeast Rehab provides therapy sessions to a variety of clients with orthopedic and neurological conditions. There are numerous benefits derived from aquatic based exercise. The buoyancy of the water enables early weight bearing with less stress on joints and bones to promote healing. Range of motion and strength can be improved sooner with less pain due to the ease of movement in the water. Hydrostatic pressure and buoyancy stimulate proprioceptors improving movement patterns as well as decreases swelling. Performing exercises in warm water helps increase circulation and relaxation, decrease abnormal tone and improve cardiovascular endurance all while decreasing pain levels. The jets provide for tissue relaxation as well as resistance for strengthening exercises. Aquatic therapy provides a safe and comfortable environment to improve balance reactions and assist in acquisition of walking, transferring and reaching skills.
- 20’ x 40’ therapeutic pool heated to 92 degrees
- 3’6" to 5’ in depth
- ADA accessible with tri-level handrails and swim lift
- Wide range of therapy equipment
- Seating in pool with jets for muscle relaxation
- Individualized Therapy Sessions
- One-on-one treatments with Physical or Occupational Therapist
- Orthopedic and Neurological Aquatic Programs
- Acute and Chronic Pain Management
- Aquatic Group Therapy
- Maintenance Group
- Arthritis Foundation Aquatic Program
How to Make an Appointment
Obtain a referral from your physician and schedule an appointment by calling 603-893-2900, ext 3210.