Northeast Rehab has been awarded a specialty certification in Stroke Rehabilitation from The Joint Commission and the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
Northeast Rehab's Stroke Recovery program is structured to provide comprehensive acute inpatient rehabilitation services and medical management to meet the needs of individuals who have had a stroke and their families. We also specialize in caring for the young adult who has had a stroke, focusing on patients under 64 years of age.
Northeast Rehab believes that the patient and family are the central focus of the assigned team of professionals. The goal is to maximize recovery and assist in the re-entry to the community. This is done in a warm and friendly atmosphere which encourages full patient and family participation.
Highlights of the Stroke/Young Stroke Recovery Program:
- A full array of medical consultation as needed
- Education in Lifestyle and Stroke Risk Management
- Adherence to clinical practices well supported by the most current evidence
- Follow-up Stroke Clinic where the Stroke Recovery Team will discuss current progress, challenges, achievements and concerns. Participants will also be able to share their experiences and feedback from the last few months so that we may better serve the stroke community.
Complete the Life Satisfaction Questionnaire | Spanish prior to participation.
In addition, we offer many on-site services including:
- Therapists specializing in the treatment of individuals who have had a stroke.
- 24-hour Certified Rehabilitation Nurses experienced in caring for individuals who have had a stroke
- Technology/Assistive Technology resources that include
- Community re-entry services that can include:
- Peer visitations by other individuals who have recovered from a stroke
- A Mobility Park that provides an area to practice different types of ground surfaces found in the community
- Home Evaluations to determine a person's ability to manage at their highest level of function at home
- Driver Evaluation/Pre-screening and On the Road Assessments
- Partnership with Northeast Passage to help transition individuals to home and the community through recreational resource training and access to adaptive recreational equipment
- An on-site Support Group