See all our NRH's features
The Psychology Services Department at Northeast Rehabilitation Hospital provides a broad range of behavioral health services. In addition to counseling for disabled persons and their families, specialized treatment is available to teach self-help skills for managing:
- Sleep Disorders
- Sexuality/Infertility Problems
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Child Behavioral Difficulties
Most of our counseling involves helping everyday people with
everyday problems, and learning the specific techniques ("cognitive
behavior therapy") to manage a particular problem. This can occur in
as few as four to six sessions. Additionally,
neuropsychological evaluation is available to assess concerns
regarding head injury, post-concussion syndrome, dementia and memory
disorders, attention deficit disorder and other conditions.
For more information or to make a referral, please call the
Psychology Services Department at 603-681-3250.
Robert A. Moverman, Ph.D.
- Robert A. Moverman, Ph.D. has served as director of the
department since 1987. He received his B.A. in psychology
from the University of Rochester and his doctoral degree in
Clinical/Community Psychology from the University of South
Florida. He completed an internship at the Boston Veterans
Administration Medical Center and has worked in a number of
behavioral medicine settings. Dr. Moverman specializes in
pain and stress management, adjustments to disability and
illness, and child psychology.
Edward T. Heck, Ph.D.
- Dr. Heck earned his Ph.D. at the University of Michigan and he completed postdoctoral fellowships in Community Psychiatry (Harvard Medical School) and Clinical Neuropsychology (Tufts Medical Center). He has been certified in both Clinical Psychology and Clinical Neuropsychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) and has served as an examiner for both boards.