Recovery after a neurological event is a lifelong process. The addition of a Neuro Recovery Clinic to the continuum of care offers survivors the opportunity to meet with a Neuro Recovery Team to discuss their current progress, challenges, achievements and concerns.
Each one of our patients admitted for rehabilitation after a stroke or brain injury is scheduled to attend our Neuro Recovery Clinic. This one-time appointment (three months after discharge to home and six months after discharge to a skilled facility) helps keep our patients connected with valuable resources as they continue on their personal road to recovery. The Team will discuss their current progress, challenges, achievements and concerns.
- During their clinic appointment our patient will:
- Receive recommended resources and community programs to support their lifestyle
- Have the opportunity to ask questions and discuss concerns during one convenient visit with a Neuro Recovery Team
- Be able to share their experiences and feedback from the last few months so that we may better serve the community
What patients are saying about our Neuro Recovery Clinic:
- “Information about a particular optometrist was great. I am now using prism glasses to help.”
- “I welcomed advice and catalogs. Thank you!”
- “Next year I will have tools for gardening.”
*Please note that the Neuro Recovery Clinic is available only to Northeast Rehabilitation Hospital patients.