Northeast Rehab’s Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is designed to help individuals who have chronic obstructive lung disease and is led by Dr. Thomas Cody, Medical Director of the Pulmonary Program and Natalie Tilton, Pulmonary Program Coordinator.
Our goal is to stabilize the progression of the disease process and to empower participants to cope with the physical and psychological effects of this chronic illness. Each participant will learn how to have more control over his illness and his life.
Participants suffering from the following diagnoses will learn to have greater control of their breathing in order to enjoy a more active and productive lifestyle:
- Lung Resection/Transplant
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Occupational Lung Disease
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Cystic Fibrosis
Our comprehensive Pulmonary Rehabilitation program is designed to:
- Improve quality of life
- Reduce respiratory symptoms
- Reverse anxiety and depression with improved self-esteem
- Enhance ability to carry out activities of daily living
- Increase exercise tolerance
- Return some participants back to work
- Fewer hospital admissions
These benefits have been well established as a means of enhancing standard medical care to control and alleviate symptoms and to improve functional capacity for patients with chronic pulmonary disease.