LSVT BIG and LOUD ® (Lee Silverman Voice Treatment) are innovative therapy solutions for Parkinson’s disease and other neurological conditions. Both programs are administered on an intensive one-month schedule with 16 individual 60-minute sessions.
LSVT Loud is an intensive speech therapy program that improves the quality of voice and speech for individuals living with Parkinson’s disease. It focuses on increasing vocal loudness and is provided by a speech therapist.
- Enhances vocal amplitude or loudness
- Promotes carryover of learned techniques into daily communication and conversation
- Improves swallowing, facial expression, intelligibility of speech and brain function
LSVT BIG is a comprehensive, intensive physical/occupational therapy program that has been proven to promote strength, motor learning and brain function.
- Improves step size, arm swing and posture as well as one’s confidence with walking and balance activities
- Promotes independence with daily activities such as handwriting, cutting food and getting dressed
- Retrains sensory awareness of the effort required for normal movement
LSVT BIG and LOUD
Four-day-a-week, four-week programs that can only be administered by certified clinicians. Sessions are individualized and based on the specific needs of the patient. For “graduates” of this program, we offer a once-monthly group exercise session that ensures proper home carryover of all learned techniques.