The aquatic therapy program at Northeast Rehab provides aqua therapy sessions to individuals with orthopedic and neurological diagnoses. At the time of your evaluation, an aquatic therapist will design a comprehensive individualized treatment plan for you or your loved one. Certain conditions and injuries are best treated in our therapy pool due to the unique properties of water. The use of water allows you to function at levels that are not possible outside of this environment, which affords positive physical gains. The goal of aquatic therapy is to progress patients to a more functional, land-based program.
There are numerous benefits derived from aquatic-based exercise, including:
- Buoyancy enables early weight bearing with less stress on joints and bones to promote healing.
- Hydrostatic pressure stimulates proprioceptors improving movement patterns as well as decreases swelling.
- Warm water helps increase circulation and relaxation, decrease abnormal tone while improving pain levels.
- Range of motion and strength can be improved sooner with less pain due to the ease of movement in the water.
- Aquatic therapy provides a safe and comfortable environment to improve balance while promoting walking, transfers and reaching skills
Aquatic therapy can benefit adult and pediatric patients.
For more information on our Pediatric Aquatics program, Click Here.
Adult Conditions Treated:
- Back/neck pain
- Sprains and strains
- Post-surgical conditions
- Poor balance/unsteady walking
- Spinal cord injury
- Brain injury
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Guillain-Barre syndrome
The Northshore/Merrimack Valley/MA-NH Seacoast Arthritis Foundation Live Yes Connect
This support group is free and all are welcome, always.
Grupo de Conexión Hispana
Este grupo en línea sirve a los miembros hispanos de nuestra comunidad de artritis alrededor de todo el país. Invitamos a aquellos que buscan apoyo, educación, programación sólida, oradores expertos y conexión a unirse a nosotros y conocer a otros que entienden.
This online group serves the LGBTQIA+ members of our arthritis community who are seeking family within the arthritis community. We invite all to the rainbow table for support, education, robust programming, expert speakers, and camaraderie.