Northeast Rehab’s Orthopedic Rehabilitation Program offers a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to rehabilitation with the goal of maximizing recovery and assisting in re-entry to the community.
Our rehab team is able to manage patient conditions during the rehab stay including Parkinson’s disease, stroke, diabetes and obesity. Our rehab team also closely follows all post-surgical protocols put in place by the orthopedic surgeons.
We Specialize in Orthopedic Rehabilitation:
We strongly believe that our patients deserve high quality, compassionate care. Your rehab team also includes a physiatrist and a hospitalist who collectively partner with you to manage your physical and medical needs.
Our commitment to provide the highest quality care to our patients is demonstrated by our overall hospital accreditation from The Joint Commission and the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) as well as through the use of evidence-based therapies.
Northeast Rehab therapists are continually trained in the latest advances in the treatment of individuals who have sustained an orthopedic injury. Our therapists are skilled in the use of a variety of assistive devices and adaptive equipment to help each patient be as independent as possible, while adhering to any post-surgical guidelines defined by your orthopedic specialist.
Our staff also include Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurses (CRRN). This means that patients and families can feel confident in their rehabilitation nurse’s level of expertise.
We offer a continuum of care to serve you along your entire journey to recovery including outpatient therapy and home care services as needed after discharge.
Specialty Therapy and Pain Management Services:
We use these specialized services and therapies to support patient recovery:
- A team approach to pain management in order to allow each patient to fully participate in therapy.
- Available wound specialist consultations.
- A Mobility Park that provides an area to practice mobility over different types of ground surfaces found in the community.
- Home visits to assess the easiest access into the home and give the patient the chance to try out their new skills before discharge.
- Therapeutic out-trips to practice skills needed to run errands and navigate the community.
- Partnership with Northeast Passage to help transition individuals to home and the community through recreational resource training and access to adaptive recreational equipment
Patient and Family Support:
Recovering from an orthopedic injury is a journey for both patients and families. We are here to provide support during their stay with us and once they return home. We offer:
- Care Partner program – Northeast Rehab encourages family and friends to participate in the care of loved ones during their stay in the hospital. Care Partners are considered part of the health care team and are involved in patient education, the patient’s plan of care and planning for discharge.
- Education for both the patient and family about home safety and precautions.