You make the decision. Together, we'll make the difference. Learn more.
When you choose us you are choosing safe care.
High-quality safe patient care has always been our priority and we continue to be extraordinarily vigilant with all of our infection prevention measures.
Northeast Rehab’s Brain Injury Recovery Program provides comprehensive acute inpatient rehabilitation services and medical management to meet the needs of individuals who have had a brain injury and their families. The therapy team follows clinical practices that are well supported by the most current evidence.
We Specialize in Brain Injury Recovery
We strongly believe that our patients deserve high quality, compassionate care. In addition to our overall hospital accreditation by the Joint Commission and The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, our Brain Injury and Stroke specialty certifications represent our commitment to provide the highest quality care to our patients with the use of only evidence- based therapies.
In order to meet the unique needs of patients recovering from a brain injury, we have Certified Brain Injury Specialists (CBIS) and Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurses (CRRN) on staff. These preeminent brain injury clinicians having passed a rigorous set of courses and a written examination to earn nationally-recognized credentials. Additionally, our team is continuously trained in the latest advances in brain injury rehabilitation.
In addition to the highest quality physician’s, therapists and nurses, we integrate the following sophisticated technology when appropriate to help support patient rehabilitation:
- LiteGait – a therapy device which helps patients walk before they are able to support their own body weight
- Bioness H200 and L300 – devices to aid in recovery of arm and leg function
- Digital modified barium swallow testing – a procedure designed to determine whether food or liquid is entering a person’s lungs
Patient and Family Support
Recovering from a brain injury is a journey for both patients and their caregivers. We are here to provide support during their stay with us and once they return home.
- Peer visits by others who have recovered from a brain injury
- Connections to brain injury support groups at Northeast Rehabilitation Hospital and in the community for individuals and their family members
- Northeast Rehabilitation Hospital has a special partnership with the Brain Injury Association of New Hampshire
- We work closely with our community resources including the Krempels Center, MA/NH/ME Brain injury Associations, Northeast Independent Living, Granite State Independent Living.
- Patient and Family Education Program – An onsite class for families and other caregivers on various topics related to brain injury
Brain Injury Resources