Our Amputee Recovery Program meets the various needs of patients and their families following the loss of a limb. Our program provides services throughout a patient’s plan of care including inpatient, outpatient and home care.
We Specialize in Amputee Recovery
We strongly believe that our patients deserve high quality, compassionate care. Northeast Rehab has earned Amputee Specialty Certification from the Joint Commission for our commitment to providing the highest quality care to our patients through the use of only evidence-based therapies.
In order to meet the unique needs of patients recovering from the amputation of a limb, we have specially trained staff to manage the physical and emotional needs of each patient. Our therapists are continuously trained in the latest advances and use of various methods and devices to achieve a functional residual limb.
Dr. Tower is the Program Medical Director for the Amputee Recovery Program at Northeast Rehab Hospital.
Our staff also includes Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurses (CRRN).
We use specialized services and therapies to support patient recovery.
- Amputee Clinic for patient education and introduction to prosthetic services
- Onsite Prosthetic Clinic—patients and families appreciate the convenience of receiving prosthetic services at the hospital during their stay. This allows for seamless delivery of a custom device which can be adapted as needed while they progress through their rehab.
- Mirror therapy for phantom pain management
- Specialized pain management services
Patient and Family Support
- Patient and family education series
- Peer visits by others who are living with limb loss
- Supportive counseling to to assist in the emotional impact of limb loss
- Connections to support groups at Northeast Rehabilitation Hospital and in the community