High-quality safe patient care has always been our priority and we continue to be extraordinarily vigilant with all of our infection prevention measures. Our foundation of exceptional practices has enabled us to quickly respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and implement enhanced safety protocols recommended by the CDC, the Governors, and the Departments of Public Health for NH and MA. More than anything we want to provide our patients with a safe environment so they can focus on their rehabilitation journey and rebuild their lives.
Update on Visitor and Screening Policies (5/19/2021)
Amidst the constantly evolving COVID-19 situation, the health and safety of our patients, staff, and visitors remains of the utmost importance.
- At this time, we are allowing patients to have one visitor at a time during designated visiting hours. Visits may take place inside or outside between the hours of 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm at all four of our inpatient hospitals – Salem, Portsmouth, Manchester, and Nashua. We ask that you please coordinate with other individuals who may be visiting your loved one as only one visitor per patient will be allowed at a time. Both the patient and visitor will be required to wear a mask inside and outside. Please consult with your case manager for additional details.
- Masks continue to be required at all four of our facilities. This includes patients, visitors, and employees.
- Each patient or family will designate one Care Partner who we will communicate with throughout the patient’s stay.
- When appropriate, we also offer Care Partner Education Sessions to make sure that this individual is prepared for the next steps once their loved one is discharged. Our case managers will work directly with this individual to schedule any session(s).
- We understand how important it is for you and your loved ones to be able to connect during this difficult time. If you are unable to visit in person, we continue to utilize video conference applications such as FaceTime, Zoom and Google Hangouts to support these important relationships. Our goal is to help you feel connected.
Anyone who enters any of our hospitals will be asked some simple screening questions and have their temperature taken. Patients visiting our outpatient centers are screened every visit upon arrival. This includes having their temperature taken. New evaluations are also screened over the phone prior to booking an appointment and again upon arrival. We truly understand how difficult this is for patients and families. Our number one goal at Northeast Rehab is to keep our patients safe and to guide them as they embark on their rehabilitation journey. We will continue to keep you informed as we update our policies to reflect the most recent guidance.
Update on our Inpatient Hospitals, Outpatient Services and Home Care (3/16/2021)
We continue to partner with acute care hospitals throughout Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine to provide patients who have been affected by an unexpected life-changing condition with the opportunity to continue their rehabilitation journey at any one of our four acute inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. All four locations are following hospital-level infection prevention practices.
Our 20+ outpatient centers are also collaborating with health care providers throughout the greater Merrimack Valley and southern New Hampshire and are almost all open again in accordance with state guidelines. Telehealth appointments are available to all of our existing therapy patients upon request. Please call our Central Scheduling Department at 888-950-9939 for more information on this program and to schedule an appointment.
Our Home Care specialists are providing in-home care.
Update Regarding Hospital Tours for Family Members (5/19/2021)
In continued consideration of the health and safety of our patients, staff and care partners, we are not offering tours of our four inpatient rehabilitation hospitals – Salem, Portsmouth, Nashua, and Manchester.
Your care team will provide you with information and can answer any questions as you consider the rehabilitation choices for you or your loved one.
If you have any additional questions, we are here to help and appreciate that this is an important decision. Please call us at 603-890-7645 and a member of our team will be happy to connect you with the appropriate person.
You can also take a video tour of our Salem and Portsmouth locations from your smartphone or computer.
We hope that you Choose Northeast Rehabilitation Hospital for your recovery journey.
When the COVID-19 situation settles we will resume tours in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Update on Support Groups and Community Meetings (5/19/2021)
All in-person support group meetings and all other community meetings (including pool groups) have been suspended since COVID-19 begin in March 2020. A member of our staff will contact all group members when we believe it is appropriate to resume support groups and community meetings.
We are actively exploring options and appreciate your understanding as we work to continue to protect you and your loved ones.