Providing high-quality, safe patient care has always been our priority and we are vigilant with all of our infection prevention measures. More than anything we want to provide our patients with a safe environment so they can focus on their rehabilitation journey and rebuild their lives.
Visitation Policy (4/12/2023)
- We are allowing hospital patients to have two visitors at a time during the designated visiting hours of 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM, seven days per week.
- Patients may have more than two visitors each day. However, only two visitors per patient will be allowed in the room at one time. We encourage families and friends to coordinate visitation times.
- Visits may take place outside, weather permitting.
- Children of any age may visit.
- We understand how important it is for you and your loved ones to be able to connect during these difficult times. That is why we continue to utilize video conference applications such as FaceTime, Microsoft Teams, and Google Duo to support these important relationships. Our goal is to help you feel connected.
- When appropriate, we also offer Care Partner Education Sessions to make sure that this individual is prepared for the next steps once their loved one is discharged. Our case managers will work directly with this individual to schedule any sessions.
Visitors may be restricted if one of the following is a concern:
- The presence of a visitor would be medically or therapeutically contraindicated in the best clinical judgement of the healthcare professional.
- The presence of the visitor would interfere with the care of or rights of any patient.
- Visitors are engaging in disruptive, threatening, or violent behavior toward any staff member, patient, or another visitor.
- Visitors are noncompliant with hospital policy.
The hospital may require visitors to wear personal protective equipment provided by the facility or provided by the visitor and approved by the facility. Northeast Rehabilitation Hospital may require visitors to comply with reasonable safety protocols and rules of conduct to maintain a safe and mutually respectful environment for all of our patients, staff, and visitors.
We thank you for partnering with us to create a safe healing environment for everyone we serve.
Update on our Inpatient Hospitals and Outpatient Services (4/12/2023)
We continue to partner with acute care hospitals throughout Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine to provide patients with the opportunity to continue their rehabilitation journey at any one of our four acute inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. All four locations are following hospital-level infection prevention practices.
Our 20+ outpatient centers continue to collaborate with health care providers throughout the greater Merrimack Valley and southern New Hampshire. Please call our Central Scheduling Department at 888-950-9939 for more information on this program and to schedule an appointment.
Update Regarding Hospital Tours for Family Members (4/12/2023)
In continued consideration of the health and safety of our patients, staff and care partners, we are not offering tours of our four inpatient rehabilitation hospitals – Salem, Portsmouth, Nashua, and Manchester.
Your care team will provide you with information and can answer any questions as you consider the rehabilitation choices for you or your loved one.
If you have any additional questions, we are here to help and appreciate that this is an important decision. Please call us at 603-890-7645 and a member of our team will be happy to connect you with the appropriate person.
You can also take a video tour of our Salem and Portsmouth locations from your smartphone or computer.
We hope that you Choose Northeast Rehabilitation Hospital for your recovery journey.
Support Groups and Community Meetings
We are offering some virtual support groups through Microsoft Teams. You can visit our Support Group page for the current information and schedule.