Foot drop is a condition where the muscles in the foot are too weak to properly lift the foot and toes while walking. The award-winning Bioness L300 Foot Drop System helps to alleviate walking challenges that may result from:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Incomplete spinal cord injury
- Multiple sclerosis
- Cerebral palsy
The L300 System is a functional electrical stimulation (FES) system that stimulates the nerves in the lower leg, activating muscles to lift the foot, which allows you to walk more naturally and enjoy greater independence and a better quality of life.
The system’s gait sensing technology automatically detects your foot position, walking speed and changes in terrain.
The L300 System consists of three small components that communicate with each other wirelessly and adapt to changes in walking speed and terrain.
- Ergonomic Leg Cuff – The comfortable leg cuff is free of control dials or switches to prevent accidently changing your program settings and can be worn under most clothing.
- Intelli-Sense Gait Sensor – Worn in the shoe, the Intelli-Sense Gait Sensor sends wireless signals to the leg cuff which stimulates the nerves to contract the muscles that lift your foot while walking.
- Wireless Control Unit – A small hand held control unit communicates wirelessly with the system and allows you to safely and easily adjust the stimulation on the go.
The L300 System offers a variety of proven advantages to help people with foot drop:
- Provides a more natural movement when walking
- Increase speed, stability and confidence
- Reduce falls
- Reeducate muscles
- Prevent muscle loss (often called atrophy)
- Maintain or increase range of motion in the ankle and foot
- Increase blood flow