LiteGait® is a gait training device that simultaneously controls weight bearing, posture, and balance over a treadmill or over ground. It creates an ideal environment for treating patients with a wide range of impairments and functional levels. LiteGait provides proper posture, reduces weight bearing, eliminates concerns for balance, and facilitates the training of coordinated lower extremity movement. Its unique harness design not only permits unilateral or bilateral support allowing progression of the weight bearing load from non to full weight bearing, but also allows the clinician to manually assist the legs and pelvis to achieve proper gait patterns.
The LiteGait family of products has provided a safe and effective environment for walking therapy for almost two decades. Patients benefit from the use of LiteGait in the following ways:
- Obtain supported suspension
- Comfortably walk in an environment free from falls
- Increase or decrease the weight bearing load on the weaker side of the body
- Learn to walk with proper upright posture
- Achieve controlled reduction of weight bearing
- Use an assistive device while being supported over ground
- Begin gait training earlier in the rehabilitation process, and at a lower level
- Have improved interaction with the therapist
- Experience a sense of accomplishment
To learn more or to schedule an appointment with one of our therapists to see if you or a loved one could benefit from the Lite Gait System, please contact us at 888-950-9939.