Our Vision Therapy Program is designed to maximize the use of a person’s residual vision.
Low vision is a condition that significantly impairs your ability to function normally and cannot be adequately corrected with eyeglasses, contact lenses, medical treatment and/or surgery. It affects more than 14 million Americans and can make everyday activities such as reading, cooking, taking medication and watching television difficult.
Many people seeking low vision rehab come to us for help because they are experiencing difficulty with simple tasks such as:
- Making meals and completing other household tasks
- Getting dressed and performing other hygiene acts
- Recognizing a familiar face
- Reading because print appears broken or distorted
- Seeing objects and potential obstacles including steps, curbs, walls, and furniture
People with the following diagnoses may benefit from vision therapy:
- Age-related macular Degeneration
- Diabetic retinopathy
At NRH, we specialize in vision rehab for those living with neurological diagnoses: stroke, brain tumors, and traumatic brain injury
We offer a wide range of low vision rehab services including:
- Adaptive equipment training
- Training in activities of daily life
- Progressive vision exercise
- Resource management
- Community/work reintegration training
To learn more about our Vision Therapy program or to schedule an appointment with one of our low vision therapists, please contact us at 888-950-9939.