Our Wheelchair Evaluations meets the growing needs of both inpatient and outpatient populations. A licensed physical therapist and certified assistive technology professional (ATP) assist in the selection of a wheelchair system that best meets your needs. Upon delivery of the wheelchair system, a fitting assessment ensures the order is filled correctly and that you are satisfied with the services provided.
What you can expect from the Clinic:
- A physical therapist will interview you for relevant medical history related to a wheelchair or scooter.
- A physical therapist will conduct a wheelchair specific physical exam (tests may include strength testing, sitting posture, flexibility and other appropriate tests).
- A physical therapist and an assistive technology professional will discuss appropriate chair or scooter options that will fit your needs based on the information gathered and your insurance.
- A test trial will be conducted at the clinic if possible, otherwise one will be done at your home.
- If appropriate, the assistive technology professional will follow-up with you on other trial wheelchairs and delivery of approved equipment.