Did you know?
- Stroke is the fifth leading cause of death in the U.S. and a leading cause of adult disability.
- 2X more women die from stroke each year compared to breast cancer.
- There was a spike of 44% in the number of young Americans hospitalized due to stroke over the last decade.
- Stroke causes the death of one in four Hispanic males and one in three Hispanic women.
- Globally stroke affects 17 million people, of these nearly 6 million die and another 5 million are disabled.
- Twice as many African Americans have strokes than Caucasians.
The National Stroke Association was founded in 1984 as the only national association devoted 100% to support stroke rehabilitation and prevention efforts.
At Northeast Rehab we support this organizations efforts to offer free education, resources, services, and legislative advocacy focused on the needs of stroke survivors, caregivers and healthcare professionals in the stroke community nationwide.
Meet our Members of our Stroke Recovery Team