Choose Northeast Rehabilitation Hospitals
Learn more about NRH
Northeast Rehab's Amputee Recovery Program is a Center of Excellence that meets the needs of patients and their families following the loss of a limb(s.
Northeast Rehab believes the patient and family are the central focus of the assigned team of professionals. The goal is to maximize recovery and assist in re-entry to the community. This is done in a warm, friendly atmosphere, which encourages full patient/family participation.
Highlights of the Amputee Recovery Program include:
- A highly skilled treatment team that addresses the medical and rehabilitation needs of patients recovering from a limb(s) loss
- Expert Prosthetic Services on-site to follow the patient through the three stages of recovery: pre-prosthesis, temporary prosthesis, and permanent prosthesis. They work directly with the full continuum of services (Inpatient, Home Health Care, Outpatient) in order to provide continuity in recovery
- Specialized Pain Management Programs and Services
In addition, we offer many on-site services including:
- 24-hour Certified Rehabilitation Nurses experienced in caring for individuals recovering from limb loss
- Therapists specializing in limb loss recovery
- Education specific to limb loss recovery
- Psycho/social services providing consultation in pain management, adjustment to body image and lifestyle changes and/or relaxation training.
- Community re-entry services that can include:
- Peer visitations by other individuals who have recovered from amputations
- A Mobility Park that provides an area to practice different types of ground surfaces found in the community
- Driver Evaluations/Pre-Screening and On-the-Road assessments
- Home Evaluations to determine a person's ability to manage at their highest level of function at home
- Partnership with Northeast Passage to help transition individuals to home and the community through recreational resource training and access to adaptive recreational equipment
- An on-site Support Group