Orthotics & Prosthetics is an allied health profession related to the design, manufacture and application of orthopedic braces and artificial limbs. Northeast Rehab works with our vendors to provide services to our patients. With Capital, we are able to apply the latest technology, skills and materials to assist individuals in becoming as functional and active as possible.
Our unique environment at Northeast Rehab allows direct interaction between all members of the rehab team, including physiatrists (physicians specializing in rehabilitation medicine), physical and occupational therapists and the orthotist or prosthetist to provide seamless interdisciplinary care.
This coordinated team approach, along with addressing each patient’s individual needs and goals, ensures the patient receives the optimal device and therapy to maximize function. The team can also quickly and effectively address any needs or problems that may arise, make adjustments to current devices and offer guidance to meet changing lifestyle needs.
Prosthetic and Orthotic Services include:
- Evaluation of orthotic or prosthetic needs
- Prescription of appropriate devices
- Measurement, molding and fabrication of prosthetic and orthotic devices as prescribed
- Fitting, adjustment and refurbishment of prosthetic and orthotic devices
- Provision of custom shoes and foot orthotics
- Physical and Occupational Therapy for training in the use of the device