Choose Northeast Rehabilitation Hospitals
Learn more about NRH
Spinal Cord Injury
Northeast Rehab's Spinal Cord Injury Recovery Program is structured to provide comprehensive acute inpatient rehabilitation and medical management to meet the needs of individuals who have had a spinal cord injury due to trauma or as a result of illness.
Northeast Rehab believes that the patient and family are the central focus of the assigned team of professionals. The goal is to maximize recovery and assist in the re-entry to the community. This is done in a warm and friendly atmosphere which encourages full patient and family participation.
Highlights of the Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Program:
- An emphasis on returning to a healthy, productive life within the community
- A full array of medical consultation as needed
- Spasticity Services
- An educational series focusing on key topics for people with spinal cord injury
- Specialized Pain management program and services.
In addition, we offer many on-site services including:
- Therapists specializing in spinal cord injury recovery who are up-to-date on the latest advances in spinal cord injury rehabilitation
- 24-hour Certified Rehabilitation Nurses experienced in spinal cord injury recovery
- Technology/Assistive Technology resources that include
- Community re-entry services that can include:
- Peer visitations by other individuals who have recovered from a spinal cord injury
- A Mobility Park that provides an area to practice different types of ground surfaces found in the community
- Home Evaluations to determine home accessibility and a person's ability to manage at their highest level of function in their home
- Partnership with Northeast Passage to help transition individuals to home and the community through recreational resource training and access to adaptive recreational equipment
- Connections to Support Groups