The Graston Technique (GT) is a treatment option for anyone suffering from restrictive scar tissue, which may have developed after injury or surgery. Graston therapy is a type of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization or IASTM technique that uses specially designed stainless-steel instruments to detect and treat soft tissue fibrosis or chronic inflammation in muscles, tendons and ligaments.
The Graston Technique instruments are used to break up scar tissue so it can be absorbed by the body. Graston therapy tools, much like tuning forks, resonate in the therapist’s hands. This allows the therapist to locate, isolate and effectively treat adhesions and restrictions within the body.
This IASTM Technique has been clinically proven to achieve quicker and better outcomes in treating both acute and chronic conditions, including:
- Neck sprains/strains
- Lower back sprains/strains
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Plantar fasciitis or foot pain
- Lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Medial epicondylitis (golfers elbow)
- Shoulder pain or tendinitis
- Knee pain or tendinitis
- Achilles tendinitis
- Scar tissue
- Trigger finger
- Shin splints
Benefits of Graston Technique include:
- Quicker improvements in pain and flexibility
- Less time spent in treatment
- Reduced need for anti-inflammatory medication
- Effective treatment of a chronic condition once thought to be permanent
- The ability to continue everyday activities
To find out how this IASTM technique or Graston Therapy could help you, please call 888-950-9939.